The Debate Center is an open forum of AUDL debaters, ranging from novice to varsity high school, that congregate at Emory University with the goal of improving their debate technique. The Debate Center occurs on select Thursdays from September to April.
September 14, 2017
September 21, 2017
October 19, 2017
October 26, 2017
November 2, 2017
November 7, 2017
November 30, 2017
December 7, 2017
January 11, 2018
January 18, 2018
February 8, 2018
February 15, 2018
March 1, 2018
March 15, 2018
March 22, 2018
This diverse and energetic environment is ideal for those looking to take their debating to the next level. College debaters from local universities, many who are nationally ranked, lead instruction in small groups.
The debate center also provides:
- An exhibition for parents/teachers seeking to learn more about debate and how to get their students involved.
- College Bridge tutoring: students can meet our staff members at the center to work on college plans, resumes, and applications.
- Students are able to get tournament performance feedback and ask direct questions to college debate instructors.
- Low student-to-instructor ratio.
- Networking opportunity for debate students, instructors, debate parents, etc.
For those interested in learning more about this program, please contact LJacob@atlantadebate.org.